To our Valued Patients/Parents,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to the safety of our patients and staff.
Across the country Orthodontic Care was paused as the healthcare community committed to protecting short supplies of Personal Protective Equipment. Together everyone made a difference by social distancing which is something we will continue to do moving forward.
During this time, we had to cancel all patient appointments according to the Governors’ proclamation and only able to see those experiencing a true Orthodontic Emergency. As we move into the next phase of reopening we are committed to helping each of you reschedule your appointments in a timely manner as we navigate and implement the new recommendations made by the Governor’s office, the CDC, the American Dental Association (ADA) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. Some of the changes are as follows:
1. Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you will be offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
2. Before the appointment is scheduled, our office will communicate with you to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you come to the office for appointment.
3. Everyone visiting the office is requested to wear a mask. Please bring your own mask or face covering (we need to conserve our masks to last for a while due to short supply).
4. Minor patient (under 18 years) are requested to be accompanied only with one adult parent or guardian. Please do not bring other siblings or family members to the appointment.
5. Everyone will be screened before entering the office suite for temperature, masks and same screening questions.
6. After check-in, patient may be requested to wait in the car to maintain social distancing in our waiting room. We will call the patient to come when they are ready to be seen. Only patient will be allowed to come in the office for appointment in the clinical area.
7. All patients are requested to brush at home as we are limiting our brushing station to only washing hands and rinsing with Listerine provided.
8. After the appointment, our team member will escort the minor patient to the parent.
9. We will communicate as best as possible about the appointment and give opportunity to discuss if you should have any questions by keeping safety of all into consideration.
10. In most cases, the next appointment will be made by calling you soon after.
If you should have symptoms/have had symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with Covid -19 symptoms, please let us know and we will help you to reschedule your appointment.
We look forward to seeing you again! Of course we are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Thank you for being our patient! We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients.
Angolkar4Smiles Orthodontic Team