It’s that time of year!!
If you are wearing braces, the holiday season can be a trying time. There is so much good food out there that is not good for braces! Our team at Angolkar4Smiles put together some suggestions so you can be prepared. We put together a list of items that will be handy to have with you at all times while you may have some vacation time. They include:
- Toothpick, flosspick, or other interproximal cleaners
- Travel toothbrush
- A water bottle or a mini bottle of mouth rinse
- Orthodontic wax to help with discomfort from protruding wires
- A small mirror for examining any possible issues in your mouth
Putting these items together in a “braces/oral hygiene kit” may be wise. If you happen to be on vacation and experience problems reaching our office, we suggest going online and searching for orthodontic practices in your area. Most orthodontists will lend a helping hand to another orthodontic patient and get him or her out of pain or discomfort.
We also suggest avoiding the following foods to prevent broken brackets and/or wire distortion while you are on vacation:
- Chewy, sticky, or gummy food
- Apples, pears, and other whole fruits (cut fruit into wedges before consuming)
- Bagels and hard rolls
- Corn on the cob
- Hard candies
- Hard cookies or pretzels
- All varieties of nuts, including peanuts, almonds, and cashews
- Cut up your protein into small pieces
Follow these tips and you can have a worry-free vacation! Please give us a call if you have any questions!